View Single Post
Career Officer
# 36
11-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
A 7.6% doohickey?
Some "STUFF" Phasers rather than Phased "STUFF" sort of thing?
Its a bad situation to be sure. On the one hand you get KDF players who are rightfully annoyed at being treated like third class citizens. On the other you have fed players who are rightfully annoyed at seeing the KDF get "incentives" (bribes to get people to play KDF). As an example, just to clear any doubts: feds get offered more stuff to buy. More ships, more costumes, etc. Mainly because its easier to make costumes for them and they will get sold to more people. The KDF gets less stuff to buy but Cryptic thought they'd be clever and try to convince players to go KDF by giving them some better toys (generally speaking the KDF had vastly superior consoles) and better QoL (when doffing came about, they get more Dil from it by far).

Neither side is happy, how could they be? Feds feel its unfair the KDF gets access to exclusive stuff that is better than their own exclusive stuff (and they are mostly right), and the KDF feels its unfair they never get new toys (also mostly right). Cryptic tried to be clever and all its caused is player resentment. Both sides are right to complain, but unfortunately they tend to focus their anger at each other rather than Cryptic. It doesn't help that players eat up lockbox ships like crazy, it just allows them to be lazy and unimaginative about it all and make one ship to sell to both sides for huge profits. Honestly, I haven't felt Cryptic has been earning their money for a while now, I can only hope S8 will change my opinion.... not that I'm holding my breath.

The fact that some are openly stating that exclusive stuff is a mayor aspect of faction identity is telling of just how big a mess Cryptic has made of things. So what can we as players do to make them see there's a problem that has to be addressed? we can stop spending on lockboxes for a start. That might make them realize we're not happy with business as usual. I'm not holding my breath for that either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.