View Single Post
Career Officer
# 2575
11-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiqa View Post
It is stories like this why I never go to elite stf's. I am afraid I will end up as the dumb atrox or oddy here.
But you wouldn't - you post here, on the forums, which is firm evidence that you have an interest in STO beyond actually playing the game itself. Players in instances such as the one I described, in the post you quoted, are simply ignorant.

And probably the largest problem, as evidenced by many, many posts in this very thread, is players either not listening, having in-game chat switched off, or thinking that they know better. As I said, your interest in the game extends beyond actually playing it and a LOT can be learnt from discussing various aspects of the game here, on the forums.

Heck, 10% rule? Didn't have clue what players were talking about when I first saw it, but a visit to the forum clarified that. Rainbow boat builds? I didn't really figure that mixing energy weapon types was a bad idea until I read about it here.

And to be fair, bad players are not confined to STF's. For every bad one I've experienced, there have been two good ones not far behind.

And there are also PLENTY of threads pertaining to making a good build - if you are not confident about your build, just ask; there are lots of players willing to offer advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 11-11-2013 at 07:22 AM.