# 64
11-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beameddown View Post
cannon rapid fire is a duration, and does direct damage to a single target

cannon scatter volley is a instant, and does damage to multiple targets

beam fire at will is a duration, and does damage to multiple targets

beam overload is a instant, and does direct damage to a single target
CRF: 10 sec duration, 30 sec cooldown, 15 sec cannon global cooldown, 15 sec duplicate cooldown. Increased rate of fire, resulting in a large damage increase and increased proc chance.

CSV: 10 sec duration, 30 sec cooldown, 15 sec cannon global cooldown, 15 sec duplicate cooldown. Mild damage increase, and the ability to hit up to three targets within and arc near your currently selected target.

BFAW: 10 sec duration, 30 sec cooldown, 15 sec beam global cooldown, 20 sec duplicate cooldown. Adds an additional shot to beam firing cycles and allows each attack to target two opponents, resulting in greater overall damage and proc chance. Removes the ability to select a target, and the ability to interrupt firing.

BO: Single shot w/30 sec activation timer, 30 sec cooldown, 15 sec beam cooldown, 15 sec duplicate cooldown. Stacks a full volley from the next beam weapon fired into a single beam attack and applies a significant damage bonus. Causes weapon subsystem drain after firing, and single shot slightly reduces proc rate.

More like apples, oranges, pomegranates and boysenberries as far as the weapon modifier powers. The cannon attacks are generally more user friendly, given simple 10 sec bonus time and lack of downside, while the beam attacks tend to have pretty nice bonuses but weird quirks.

As far as overcapping, I'd still love to see a News article from the devs to offer some clarity on the Energy Weapon Drain mechanic. Similarly, one about Damage Resistance Magnitude and Damage Resistance % would be interesting, or at least a tooltip that showed our current DRM in addition to the final DR% we see now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
I do enjoy my bread and circuses, Cryptic.
Sure it's out of context, and I don't work for Cryptic... but thanks!

Last edited by breadandcircuses; 11-13-2013 at 10:35 AM.