View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
11-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
When I suggested this to a dev, his reply was essentially "The trails aren't for you."

*snip*
From what I can gather, you're thinking we're asking to be able to disable the trails like we would disable the visuals on say a assimilated deflector. What we (or at least I) am asking for is more like an option in the video settings to disable the visuals like we would the profanity filter

If it is built like switch in settings, we wouldnt see the trails if they were disabled, but someone who has trails enabled would still see them on our ship. Just like if we swear in game chat, the profanity filter wouldnt censor it out for us, but people with it on would still see it censored. This is what we're looking for.

If it happened to be built like the disable visuals on the assimilated deflector our ship impulse trails wouldn't be visible to anyone, and people who wanted it on would see theirs, but not ours. We would also see the impulse trails on any ship that did not opt to disable. This would not work well ingame, and it is not what we're looking for.

Thats my take on this at least.