Game freezes my entire system when loading
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
01-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Looks like your video card is bellow the minimum system requirements, but your driver is also pretty old. Try updating your video card driver from ATI's website and if you get the crash again its probably because your video card does not have the bells and whistles that the game requires.
<< System Requirements for STO
Please update the drivers for your video card with the following steps.
Finding and Downloading a Newer Driver
1. Go directly to the Web site of your driver's manufacturer.
2. Click on the link for your video card, brand of video card or brand of video chip (if you don't have a separate video card).
3. Follow instructions to download the driver.
4. Save the file on your computer's desktop.
Installing the New Driver on Vista
1. Open the Control Panel on your computer, Under the Programs section, click the Uninstall a program.
2. Find and select the drivers for your video card and click the Uninstall/Change button and follow the instructions. Restart your computer if asked.
2. Double-click on the icon for the downloaded driver file.
3. Follow installation instructions.
4. Restart the computer if asked.
The Cryptic Online Team