View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Having had to just go through this myself I'd actually say go with the Core i7, or even go with the entry level Alienware. Yes, they do cost a little bit more but the i7 is really the way to go when it comes to processing power.

For MMO's you definitely need a beefy system all around but you want one that will give you the greatest amount of flexibility to upgrade in the future. Picking up one that has a solid motherboard, will allow for SLI/Crossfire, and has a good PSU is the way to go if you aren't building it from scratch.

...I typically build my own but found that I just didn't have the time with my hectic schedule. I picked up an Alienware Aurora w/ Core i7 920, 6GB RAM, and an upgraded PSU to 850~ Watts. This gives me a good bit of flexibility if I want to go for an SLI setup or Crossfire setup, and the RAM is easy to upgrade should you want to toss more in. It cost a little bit more, but I felt this was the best option to go with so I don't have to buy a new computer every 2 years.