View Single Post
Ensign
# 10
12-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Thank you so much for your reply, and for your work supporting the Demo Viewer! I've made a couple of videos using it, though I still aspire to the level of the anniversary tribute videos

I also encountered some other issues that I wasn't sure what to do with... is this a good place to put them, or is there a place to work out bugs on the sourceforge/wiki that you'd prefer?

An issue I've seen is that demos of certain maps sometimes load in the viewer with no details-- for instance, on the Fleet Starbase map, the glass windows will not be transparent, instead loading with a flat texture, or the same issue with the Fleet Embassy map and the aquariums. Further, certain objects like bar furniture and chairs will not load. What's weird is that if I play the demo, then hit the rewind button to restart, THEN everything will load properly. This doesn't seem to happen every time, and I'm unable to determine what triggers it... checking and unchecking various options didn't seem to help. I guess a workaround would be to load it properly in the Demoviewer, then record it with FRAPS, eh?