View Single Post
Captain
# 14
12-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
But real time access to data storage is problematic... unless your accessing it from system RAM...
Except that the only place where you access them all is at the ship selector on a ground map. At that point, changing the active ship and the equipment on them is simply a matter of changing the code values (sorry I don't remember the correct terminology, it has been over ten years since I last worked with Visual Basic). In that regard, it is much like using a game shark for a PS one, or the giveitem/givefeat command from Neverwinter Nights 2. It don't see that as being very much different that rearranging one's inventory.

We can't even change the hull configurations of our inactive ships without first going to the ship selector to make it the active ship. And that is a real pain going back and forth to modify the ships in our inactive inventory.

To the OP's point I do think the upper limit needs to be increased. Since we can now have both an active shuttle and an active capital ship, maybe it is time to have separate lists and limits for shuttles and ships.