View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethstalker View Post
Well I have to say that I am so very unhappy right now and if the level of support I am getting now is what I can expect, then maybe it was a mistake to buy into this game. here is the problem. I bought 2 copies of STO, one from Gamestop and the other from Atari. so when finnally the open beta comes I go to download the game, I find that I HAVE to use the downloader from YOUR website or use Bit Tourent. so I get your downloader and what to my amazement, I get maybe .02 Kps download speed! now It is not due to my settings since as i watch it, once in a while it would go to my max speed of 300 Kps but it does so little that after 6 hours of downloading I only get 3% of the file. At that rate I could expect to get the whole file in a MONTH!!! So I call gamestop to complain and they say its not them but you, I call you and you say its not us, call gamestop. so i call Atari and I get the same runaround!!! So here I am using Bit Tourent and getting it at a BLAZING 30 Kps!!! So now after 3 days of downloading I am only at 50%! By the time i get this program the whole Open beta will be done and I would have WAISTED THE REASON I PRE-PAID IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS TOTAL BS, IS THIS WHAT I AM TO EXPECT FROM YOU GUYS FOR SUPPORT!!!!!! AS IN NOTHING If I was not such a Star Trek Fan I would say the H@$# with this and go back to World of ********!!!
I'm having the same issue. I've been downloading it for 3 days via the torrent and I'm at 61%. I can download other things-one was a 15 gig file-and I had the whole thing in 6 hours. Another was a 350 mb file and that I had in 20 minutes.

Does STO use a special port for the torrent or anything?

I was using the downloader from STO beta site and it was faster, the only problem was it caused everything on my pc to lag so I had to close it.