View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2010, 12:55 AM
No Unfortunately this did not work for me. As a matter of fact every suggestion that I read about, I tried with no joy. I'm very close to canceling my pre-order and getting Mass Effect 2 instead.

It's really a shame because I've been a fan of Star Trek for close to 40 years and I was really looking forward to this game. It has great potential and looks like it's very cool, but at this point I pretty much can't play it. The suggestion of rolling back my video driver to 190.xx is ludicrous. I have close to 40 games that I've bought over the last year with a large majority closer to the end of the year. Point being that many of those games require the newest nVidia drivers to be installed to prevent or correct issues, not to mention my peripherals and gaming mice/wheel/ twin monitor setup etc etc etc...

I simply cannot understand how game developers don't make driver compatibility the number one issue. You would think that having a game run smoothly and utilize the drivers 100% would be job 1, evidently not. If at least we would get an ETA for a resolution, blah blah blah, I can talk til I'm blue. Just fix the damn thing!!!