View Single Post
Captain
# 6
01-17-2014, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
I've tuned the "spew" distance, the duration, and the magnitude of the buffs in a future patch. I think the Battlezone buff levels were a little nuts and were meant to compensate for the toughness of the Voth - that level of power shouldn't be available in every map. The new values are 20% Shield HP, 10% Hitpoints, 10% Damage, 20% RunSpeed+Dodge, and 20 Resistance (All). The new duration of the buffs is 60 seconds, which is still pretty reasonable.

We talked about changing the pickup behavior so that only teammates can pick up the buffs, but I actually think the ability is more interesting this way. You can use the Combat Supply as a decoy in a match, if you care to set it up right - luring in opponents for powerups while your team lies in wait or your nest of deployables sits around a corner.
Thanks for the update Hawk, this should be a great new mechanic. Just one concern, are there any planned preventive measures to curb potential kit switching abuse? Example: A player uses combat supply, next they pick up the supply buffs, and finally they swap out to another kit with the supply buffs still active. Thanks again for all of the fine work you've put into this update.