View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 19
01-27-2014, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
OK, if you've tried all of the suggestions offered above and things still don't work for you, a reinstall is probably your best option.

Steam should be providing the current build. If it didn't provide the current build, you'd get a version mismatch error and couldn't log in to the game. However, I know nothing about how it delivers the game or how long it would take.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Unfortunately Steam no longer provides a complete download of the game.
I cleaned out the local game files and started to reinstall the game, and all I got were ~150 MB. So all that is delivered by Steam is some version of the launcher which then updates itself twice. I then have to download the rest of the game (~12GB) in the launcher.

Of course this is exactly what I wanted to avoid because for me downloading a game from Steam is several times faster than any other platform I know.

Update: Reinstalling the game did not help, after 20 minutes of waiting I still only get "Waiting for editing server to start up and patching Foundry updates". CPU and network usage are stuck at 0-1%, so the game is not doing anything. Memory usage is 700.600 K and not moving either.

Last edited by trillscientist; 01-28-2014 at 04:39 AM.