View Single Post
Captain
# 32
01-31-2014, 07:47 AM
I have noticed a few things with the responses here :

- Some folks equate Fleet Marks and Reputation marks .
I don't see them as equal .
Rep marks were always fairly easy to obtain (even the Romulan ones , once you got the Eppoh trade going) , while FM's... -- especially on the KDF side are somewhat of a pain .

- Some folks don't see the previous 'Bonus' of 20% as a big deal .
To them I say , 20% may not be a big deal , but play for a few days and that 20% becomes 40 then 60 then 100 or more .
Play 5 days a week during bonus hours and the bonus becomes 100% (5 x 20) .
Still see that as "you loose nothing" ?

- Some folks said that they are in a BIG FLEET so this does not matter to them .
To these folks I say that I am in a Fleet that walks both lines .
Our FED Starbase was among the first 5 Starbases in game that reached T5 .

But our KDF fleet chugs along like a small Fleet's Fed base , with about 3-9 active players and some casuals ... -- thus that is my living example of how things can go slowly ... and now not only slowly , but stopping while we get the smaller projects (Embassy/Mine/Spire) going .

I have all but stopped playing Fed because of the need that I see @ our Kdf side , and when our Spire had our T3 project slotted , it was almost a couple of weeks until we got that going ... -- BECAUSE OF FLEET MARKS -- and this was with 20% bonus Mark events , and with some of us pouring our Winter Event Marks into it from Winter Eppoh breeding .

So when I'm telling you that this has hurt all players , not just small Fleets , I am telling you this as someone from a Large Fleet that looks at what's going on around him , and not just bangs on his chest about not needing Bonus Fleet Marks because "I'm in a Big Fleet and My Fleet is doing Great !" .
No offense guys , but anybody who says that has little to no compassion toward his fellow players .

But All Hail Cryptic for managing to bury this thread in no man's land .
Must have touched a nerve .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...