View Single Post
Captain
# 20
01-31-2014, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Please keep the feedback positive, Geko has stated that this is still in the early stages of development. We still have plenty of time to offer them feedback on the proposed change before they make it.
There is nothing positive that can be said about such a hypothetical change. I stand by that statement. I am 100% opposed to converting ground devices into kit powers unless they allow kits with 9 powers in them, which you know they will not do. -edit- OR if they reduced the cooldowns on some of the 'device powers' so that you could trigger them more than once every 5 or 10 minutes. /edit

But fine, you want me to say something nice. In theory I like the idea of splitting all of the existing kit powers into individual things that can be combined as desired by the player; it'd be a good thing (and would be a good addition to a general crafting overhaul, hint hint Cryptic) and would allow players to have only the abilities that they actually want and none that they don't want.

However, one reason that kit powers are segregated right now is that certain combinations are guaranteed to be overpowered which means a ground powers nerf would likely be rolled out alongside this system. Cryptic has already had to deal with players hot swapping kits by making certain objects or effects unspawn when the kit is removed and a new one is slotted, this would essentially reverse that by allowing the kits to be combined.
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored

Last edited by mightybobcnc; 01-31-2014 at 09:19 PM. Reason: I CAN DO GRAMMAR