View Single Post
Commander
# 34
02-17-2014, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revandarklighter View Post
The tal'shiar was mentioned more often.
I'm quiet sure that it was clearly stated that it was the Tal'Shiar building the invasion force with the Obsidian Order that tried to erase the founders homeworld (although I think it was also stated that this failure ultimatly destroyed the Tal'Shiar as much as the Order).
Also I think it was mentioned in "inter arms silent leges"

My beef with the Romulans is not even that the current development is unrealistic. Societies change. Even the Roman Empire on earth DID after all end.

And the destruction of Romulus having a major impact on what is left of the Romulan people is a quiet natural conclusion. Methods like... well killling children with birth defects, assumed that would have made sense in the first place, would simply end in a society of survivors where you are lucky if you get up your population numbers SOMEHOW.

But again its a video game that should immerse us into what we have seen, and the romulans we have seen are not at all like the Romulans in the game.
Given, Klingons are a comic caricatures of Klingons in the series, but at least there are similarities.

What we get isn't bad. But it feels to me like its not what is advertised when I buy "playable romulans". That would be, pretty much what you described...

As for what I want to play.... From a role playing point I end up just like my KDF as a "Mercanary working for D'tan ... as long as he pays"^^
Its even for a major part the same crew^^

With all due respect I have to disagree with the one point on the Tal shiar. They were mentioned in one episode of Tng (face of the enemy) it wasn't till Ds9 that the Tal shiar was featured more and in one episode (message in a bottle) of Voy. Other then that I agree.

But yeah the Tal shiar was largly crippled after the failed joint mission with the Obsidian order.

I wouldn't have minded a joint Romulan Cardassian Faction in game if it meant having a real third faction.