View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2010, 06:54 AM
Have same problems - I also wrote on feedback Controls and UI about the responsiveness for ground combat. Somehow all targetting and movement seems to be connected to teh animation system, not sure thogh but it seems like. So what you end up with is a feeling of syroup and lag in movement and targetting.

It kind of "waits" for animations to finnish off and then doing targets and other movement - it shoulkd "feel" the otherway around. First steering / targetting and then try to matup te animations to that. Same procedure like in Soccer (football), basketball, martial arts games, ect - all ganmes where you need to target do your thing fast and responsively.

Hopefully they will fix this. But my gut feeling is telling me that its the same animation system like for their other games - which imho is not good steering and keyboard input system. They need to take a look at other ganes who really have won the market by the responsiveness and that is World of ********. also other games like GTA and similar have same responsiveness too targetting and steering.