View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Its the same problem as with all mmos and that is many players simply refuse to read text that is put in front of them and thereby not knowing what to do. I too notice that people on Spacedock spamming chat with completely idiotic questions that are answered perfectly well in mission text. My friend and I have had numerous navigation problems, and you know what we did? We talked about it and looked through the UI, the comms log etc and figured it out. That's part of the game. If you can't figure out simple stuff like how to find people I don't know how you intend to cope with the more complicated aspects of the game, and perhaps it isnt for you.

As a general rule of thumb, try the following before blaming the devs:

1) Re-read the mission communication by using the captains log function and going through your episode list.
2) Check your UI thoroughly and learn what everything does. No tutorial can comprehensively teach a player how to do everything in the game. If you take the time to learn it for yourself you will remember it all the better.
3) Check the forums to see if others are having the same issues. Maybe its a known bug that will be addressed at a later stage.
4) READ THE TEXT IN FRONT OF YOU THE FIRST TIME. It isnt just there to add flavour, it is there to explain what you are supposed to do and where you are supposed to do it.

Finally, I highly reccommend looking at the Galaxy map ("M" key, middle top tab). If you look properly you will see that the galaxy is divided into blocks of 3 or 4 sectors. Each of these sectors contain systems. A big problem that many people seem to have is that they are confusing Sectors with Systems and Sector Blocks. Put some effort in yourself and figure things out. It will make you a far better player in the long run and I for one find the process very satisfying.