View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 9
02-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Just to follow up on the comments, I think you are missing the point of the ship as a whole. The reason for the torpedoes is to add damage once the shields are stripped. I don't use APB because I do pull enough hate to make targets shoot at me and the delta debuffs them while buffing me. The dominion beams strip shields really nice and generally debuff as well like a polaron should do. I focus on flow caps in order to make that combo a very strong one. The beams themselves aren't as tough as the torpedoes are which is why they are on there. Spread makes it to where they don't miss if you are in the arc and the kinetic damage does well in both PvE and PvP.

I find that the ship I setup handles tanking pretty well as well as being able to dish it out. Is it the damage king? No. Can it stay in a fight for a while AND do good damage, I'd say yes. To me, being dead = 0 dps. Those beams also handle the really high resistance that shields have gotten over time by just stripping them all away and reducing shield power in the process. Many people struggle just to keep shields up when I fight them unless they have either a well built engineer or somehow focused on insulators.

Yes, the pets do some good damage, but the ship has to be able to do damage in PvP environments where pets might not survive for long.