View Single Post
Ensign
# 3
02-26-2014, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decronia View Post
Well since that thread I did take a closer look at the hanger pets. I looked at the Kar'Fi ones and the birds of prey as they were mentioned in the other threads.

The birds of prey show you need any of the Vo'quv ships to buy them, the Far'jai show that either the Battle cruiser or the fleet version are needed. The only one with no description on what is need where the S'Kul ones.

If the Far'jai can't be bought then a bug report needs to be raised. However as I said in the previous thread I thought the S'kul ones needed the C-Store version to be unlocked as they come as standard equipment on that ship.

When I looked at the scorp fighters that with the Scimitar in the store they also show no description on what is needed for them, but the drones ships did list the Scimitar models.

This would lead me to think that if it has no description of what is needed to unlock the ship, then it means you have to buy the c-store version. Which seems to be confirmed by the reply you got.

I would re-open the ticket and clarify that you are not after game play tips but that you want an answer about the hanger pet situation as the information isn't in game, on the wiki, or that people aren't quite sure on the forum. You just want this situation clarified.

Difference for the Voquv, for whomever is dealing with the bug report: it's not a C-store ship at all, there's no need to write on a C-store/Fleet version that you need one of the previous, mundane models to get the pet for the superior version.

For decronia: Exactly, neither pet can be bought. You can't get the S'kul fighters of any version (even to replace the ones it already comes with), nor can you purchase the Fer'jai.

The difference between the Kar'fi and the Scimitars is that the Kar'fi has both a C-store and Fleet version, where the C-store one has a console (which would be the natural draw to buying it, NOT to unlock the pets as there isn't a precedent). The Scimitar is already a top-tier ship; there's no Fleet variant for it you'd need to be concerned about, so if you wanted Drone ships there's only one ship to buy anyway.

Yes, I want the situation clarified. I also want it remedied; if it's a bug, I want that at least acknowledged and I'll wait until it's fixed (even if that takes awhile). If it's not a bug, then I at LEAST want them to mention somewhere that not only is the console an unlock, but both styles of pets are unlocked with the C-store version so purchasers of the Fleet version understand they're just getting a carrier shell (no console, naturally, but also none of its native hangar pets). That way people would be inclined (like me) to actually buy the otherwise useless C-store version rather than spend their extra modules on a ship only to find they have to go back and buy it anyway, and now are out 1500 zen's worth of stuff in a lost discount.

Heck, if they are feeling like good customer service, they'll do that and offer the discount refunded too (which I would just spend on the ship), but I'll settle for prevention instead of recompense if I need to.