View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 61
03-10-2014, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Not that I am defending them but you are comparing a free mission reward to a lockbox weapon. Perhaps with that in mind its easy to see why they would buff the elach... a free mission reward should be no where close to a lockbox grade weapon.
This is true, and I don't believe that the weapons as a whole should be on par with one another. (For one thing, Elachi weapons come with a complete set of modifiers and are up to MK XII purple, while Piecing Tetryon are only up to MK XI Blue, no modifiers.) As a weapon, Elachi weapons are going to be better no matter what, as long as they're of a higher mark and rarity, this is more of asking for their procs to be evened out someway. A common MK I Phaser has the same proc as an Advanced Fleet MK XII Phaser, and yet one weapon is most definitely better than the other.

This change is akin to having a new weapon type be released with the same exact proc as say, disruptors, but instead of -10 damage resistance debuff, it gave -20. Without any sort of compensation for the improvement. Sure, you may find disruptor weapons that are better than certain instances of this new weapon, but it doesn't change the fact that it's proc is rather obviously less effective.