View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-13-2014, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathofachilles View Post
Overload wouldn't be redundant because overload can be used once every 15-30 seconds, so it's a completely different beast from the lance's clicky power, especially with that craptastic cool time. And a lance overload would probably have a far better chance to hit the target >>

Fire at will would not be redundant because the point was for a dread pilot to be able to equip all beams and the lance and use beam powers like faw and or overload, or they could equip all cannons with the lance and the lance would be affected by cannon powers like rapid fire or scatter volley.

So basically I wanted the lance beam cannon to be affected by both so that it doesn't matter which skills we go for with our limited boff seating, the lance will be enhanced by them.
And I agree with you, I'm just trying to find a comprimize between having both cannon and beam powers, with how Cryptic seems allow weapons that are affected by both cannon and beam powers operate. As you mentioned, the Experimental Proton weapon is affected by one of each, and then more with set bonuses.

What if this were the case for the weaponized Lance, and it got more abilities when equipping the Cloak as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathofachilles View Post
I highly doubt the bortas will get a *real* weapon to represent the disruptor auto cannon, that could be seen as giving the bortas a little something extra over the ody (the fed side counterpart) and people would be all kinds of fussed by that... so yeah...
I really can't say that I disagree, just based on Cryptic's track record.

"Klinks getting new toy for their flagship and Feds don't? Lolwhatsorceryisthis."

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidshatner View Post
From the STO WIKI:

These consoles (below) can increase damage of a players Phaser Lance.

- Assimilated Module +0.92% Critical Chance. +9.2% Critical Severity.
- Tachyokinetic Converter +0.76% Critical Chance. +7.6% Critical Severity.
- Zero-Point Energy Conduit +1.8% Critical Chance.
- Phaser Relay Phaser damage.
- Directed Energy Distribution Manifold Beam Weapon damage.
- Nukara Particle Converter +10% Beam Accuracy
Yes. Though I'm not sure I understand what you're saying with this...