View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 14
03-15-2014, 01:39 PM
While I am currently experiencing quite bad lags and disconnects (but only after map changes) the foundry problem has existed ever since season 8 launched, and at that time there were absolutely no network issues at all.

The network/routing was quite bad right before christmas, got better in january, and then got a lot worse ever since arc launched.

I am currently trying to track down where the packet loss/congestion is happening, currently it looks a lot like there is a problem in the xo.net network.

The game's reaction to connection issues have also become a lot worse during the past 2-3 weeks. In the past the game would either recover or drop the connection. Now it just stalls, only allowing me to turn the ship but I cannot move. If I try to start doff missions I just get an empty list.
At this point I can no longer log out/change characters, only exiting the game completely and restarting helps.

TL;DR> foundry problem has existed since S8 launched, independent of current network issues.
Current network issues seem to be arc related or xo.net routing problems.