View Single Post
Republic Veteran
# 46
03-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decronia View Post
Okay a couple more for the brain boxes (compliment not sarcasm) to translate for me:

-Judgement Day
-Stalker or shadow stalker
Eisae ih'Vahhrer = Judgment Day
Eisae vahhrerai = [a] day of judgment (when not used as a Proper nominal phrase = when not a name)
Eisae s'Vahhrer = [the] Day of Judgment (ONLY as a name)

There is no word for "stalk" (and thus, no "stalker" or "stalking" or anything of the sort) in any Romulan dictionary at my disposal. However, as "stalk" is used as a synonym for "hunt" (especially in British English):

Glohhanen = Hunter
Khellian = Hunter (archaic); please be aware that I have a ship with this name (I'm not saying "Don't use it," nor even asking you not to; I'm merely giving a heads up, because some participants in this forum view me as somewhat controversial due to my refusal to swallow generalizations derived from the attitudes and behavior of the Tal'Shiar applied to the Romulan people as a whole, and the fact that I refuse to forget that the Romulans in TOS were a wholly different breed from the majority of Romulans depicted in all later series).

Khellian laehvalai = [a] hunter of shadow (archaic and not a name)
OR
Glohhanen laehvalai = [a] hunter of shadow (not a name)

Khellian s'Laehval = (archaic and a name, and since "Laehval" is the name of Sela's ship, this could be taken as meaning that your ship is stalking her ship)
OR
Glohhanen s'Laehval = [the] Hunter of Shadow (a name, and since "Laehval" is the name of Sela's ship, this could be taken as meaning that your ship is stalking her ship)

Khellian laehvalen = [a] hunter of shadows (archaic and not a name)
OR
Glohhanen laehvalen = [a] hunter of shadows (not a name)

Khellian ch'Laehval = [the] Hunter of Shadows (archaic and a name)
OR
Glohhanen ch'Laehval = [the] Hunter of Shadows (a name)

Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
The saying "There are no women on the internet" is sexist nonsense. We do exist, and we also play MMOs. Do not misgender me; I am female.