View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-21-2010, 06:17 PM
I am having the same issue with this. I cannot load certain zones on anything other than minimum settings. It just hangs at the loading screen giving me game tips. Once I load it under minimal, however, I can crank it back up to recommended settings, most of the time with very little lag. I would think if it was a hardware issue on my end, it shouldn't work at all at higher settings. Funny thing is, this only happens at certain load points. For example, I can load from Sector Space to Sol System under recommended settings. I cannot, however, load from Sol System to Stardock. I cannot go from any system to Sector Space with anything other than minimal settings, and vice versa. I can load some zones; it seems I can load zones inside an instance with no problem.
Here are my specs:

Windows XP SP3
2GB Ram
Radeon HD 3870 512 MB Ram
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU

The only thing on the list I'm not quite sure it above board settings-wise is the graphics card. I am assuming it's good enough to pump the graphics up to recommended (but not maximum obviously). If that's not the case, let me know. I would consider buying a better card, but only if it's my issue, and not the game's.