View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 15 arrg
01-21-2010, 07:19 PM
If you don't want to utilize your graphics card to its maximum, turn down the graphics.

I have dual 9800GTX SLI, QX9650, 4GB OCZ Platinum RAM 1200W Thermaltake power supply and an Antec 900 case with a Scythe Ninja II heatsink and 2 additional Scythe Fans.

I have absolutely zero issues with heat, fan noise, or anything running maximum graphics 1680x1050.

I'm not saying that their code couldn't be improved, I am simply trying to get people to stop blaming their hardware issues on Cryptic. For example, there was a version of NVIDIA drivers where the fans would get stuck in "3d mode" and wouldn't slow down after exiting a game. TONS of people blame these issues on a "recent patch" of some random game.

If a game was released that pushed your system to its maximum, the fans would be spinning as fast as they can to keep cool, this is not a problem with the game but a limitation of your hardware.

The 8800 is a 3 year old card which is ancient compared with new cards...heck my 9800GTX is almost 2 years old now so it is obsolete too. Have you seen the new NVIDIA cards, apparently they need their own DEDICATED airflow otherwise they will overheat when fully utilized.

This is the PC world, you guys should be used to this sort of thing by now.

If you don't like it, play X-box (red ring of death?) or how about PS3 (dead CPU cores within 2-weeks?) or how about the Wii (Slow crappy graphics, choppy sequences?). Everything has its problems, be patient for new patches that might assist aging hardware, buy something that can handle the game without pushing your hardware to the limit, or turn down the graphics. Easy solution.