View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2010, 12:50 PM
If you're saying that everything runs smooth and just crashes, also during the ground combat only it could be related to your video card and/or processor even RAM can be involved.

Its just my guess but thats how this happens - data goes to your GPU, it sends it to CPU through RAM. If any of these 3 parts faulty - you game crashes.

I remember I used to have AGP video card years ago and everything was fine until I got into game. Some specific games crashed. I've tried anything I could. Tried different RAM, different Video card of the same type still crashes. Then i finally replaced Motherboard and everything was fine with my old video card and old ram. Ended up being a problem with an AGP slot on motherboard, I figured or could be a chipset on motherboard.

Its hard to say in your case if your temperatures are fine than has to be some problem during the data processing in one of thr 3 mentioned parts. If you can and know how, test your RAM, see if it has any bad sectors. Try to replace these 3 parts one by one and see if it improves anything.

Why any of these 3 parts? Ground combat has a lot of data to process. Comparing to sapce there is a lot of surfaces during the ground missions. There is ground, weather effects, about 10-15 characters running around with their own graphics data, so its a big bunch of information that your PC has to process comparing to the space missions. And while its processing all this data one of these 3 parts fail to process it due to some error and game craashes.

If you have windows Vista or Windows 7, restart your PC and press F8 until you get to the boot screen, there should be an option to test memory.

There is some software to test your CPU and video card, look on the internet for something called "Burnin" or something like that.