View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 11
01-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
X1600s and X1900s are known WIne graphics issues.. so don't expect too much...

I have never seen it prompt for DirectX... if it does, you do NOT want to install it, even if it works, Wine will run faster using its own directx files, and not MSes.

Answering yes to the script errors is needed... I forgot about that...

I also noticed a bug when i tried to do a full install from scratch, that occasionally the patcher would disconnect and close... it was odd... but when starting again i never had DirectX pop ups.

If you had it install any DirectX files, you need to start over again with a clean version of the wrapper... do not let it install anything DirectX related if it prompts.
I think I know what I was doing wrong, moving the install locating of the file. After the installer finished I used your other directions to put the Cryptic Studios folder into Star Trek Online.app and setting the correct .exe for the wrapper. When I reopened the the app it launched the STO launcher, this time it patched up to 1GB of 10GB and closed, though that might be because I selected "No" to the script errors since "Yes" didn't work out well before.

I might try again tonight but if it keeps giving me problems I think I'll just wait till down the road if STO is a success and they make an official port.