View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-24-2010, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Norton is a TERRIBLE program. Like others have said, get another one. We know the guy in the PC store told you it was the best, but that was so he could get his commission from it. There are so many free V's otu there, that do a much better job than norton.
Actually, I have used a verity of Norton's products for about 15+ years now. I am sorry you do not like Norton, but please do not tell me what AV program I should be using when I darn well know from personal experience that no other AV program can protect you as well as Norton's can. As I said in an earlier post in this thread, I have yet to have ever been infected with a virus while using any Norton's products. On the other hand, I have had numerous infections while trying nearly all the free ones on the market as well as McAfee.

My sister is a Computer Technician and has Network Systems Manager under her belt, we have worked together for years on computers, and we'll both agree, if you can afford it and your system can handle it, get Nortons. As well, as I also stated, 360 and 2010 were designed to not to use as much system resources as previous editions. I can say first hand, that this is true of NIS 2010.

While using McAfee, AVG, and Kaper, we experienced long boot up and shut down times as well as performance loss when something is detected or a scan is underway. This is not the case with NIS 2010, on our machines anyway. It runs seamlessly in the background and even goes silent while gaming if you prefer.

So, with that said, I thank you all for your suggestions on me using some other product, however that is just not going to happen. I am not looking for opinions on these products, I am looking for an answer to my question in the Original Post.

Thank you for your time.