View Single Post
Career Officer
# 385
05-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealfluffy View Post
  • Accolades should be real achievements, based on skill, grind and exploring your environment carefully. There are already several good examples of this in the game.
  • Accolades should not be rewarded for normal mission objectives that you have to complete to progress the mission in the first place.
  • Absolutely no random elements involved in any accolade. I can't stress this enough.
  • Extreme care should be taken when implementing any accolade so they'd never had to end up in a retired state. New players should have the same opportunities to collect all accolades as a player who has been here from the start.
  • And finally, do I have to express how I feel about monetization of accolades? The Khellid one gave me a real scare and I'm pleased to see Cryptic hasn't tried implementing anything similar since then.
These are all good points Fluffy.
Cryptic's promise of a full Klingon factionHawks: "The big problem is Cryptic didn't know what big IP they bought when they took over STO in the first place. The end result we are playing today. Cryptic was and will never be the right company for a Star Trek MMO."Death of a Fleet