View Single Post
Ensign
# 386
05-08-2014, 01:43 PM
I've been analyzing duplicate STF accos issue since S9 launch. Today I went to Commander Roxy and traded in all of my STF equipment on bunch of characters. From what I observed so far, duplicate STF sets accos issue is related to the time of acquiring sets and/or individual pieces of sets (time as in pre- or post-reputation time).

If you got all 3 pieces pre-rep through Tech (common, rare, prototype) turn-over, or EDC turn-over (for x and xi sets), or through auto-completion (e.g. auto-completion of mk x set acco upon acquiring mk xi set), you won't get duplicate acco for that set (be it x, xi or xii) and for xii set + elite optionals.

If you got at least one piece post-rep through reputation project, and you haven't completed that particular set pre-rep, you will get duplicate acco for that set. If it's a mk xii set, you will also get duplicate acco for xii set + elite optionals.

Few examples:
1. pure fed character - got Omega xi and MACO xi/xii pre-rep, got Omega xii post-rep (MACO and Omega mk x auto-completed upon acquiring mk xi sets pre-rep).
Results:
No duplicates for any MACO related acco; no duplicates for x/xi Omega.
Duplicate acco for Omega xii (OF Operative) and duplicate acco for Omega xii set + elite optionals (OF Shadow Operative).

2. pure fed character - only got MACO xii Armor pre-rep. That is, got Omega mk x/xi/xii sets and MACO xii Shield and Weapon post-rep.
Results:
Duplicate acco for every set except MACO x and duplicate accos for MACO/Omega xii set + elite optionals.

3. fed romulan character - got every set (mk x - xii) post-rep.
Results:
Duplicate acco for every set except MACO x and duplicate accos for MACO/Omega xii set + elite optionals.

That is, examples 2 and 3 got 7 duplicate accos: Omega - Recruit, Veteran, Operative, Shadow Operative, MACO - Veteran, Commando, Elite Commander.

4. pure kdf character – got HG mk xi pre-rep, got Omega x/xi/xii and HG mk xii post-rep (HG mk x auto-completed upon acquiring mk xi pre-rep).
Results:
Duplicate acco for every set except HG mk xi and HG mk x and duplicate accos for HG/Omega set + elite optionals.

5. pure kdf character – got every set post-rep
Results:
Duplicate acco for every set except HG mk x and duplicate accos for HG/Omega set + elite optionals.

So 7 duplicate accos for example 5: Omega – Recruit, Veteran, Operative, Shadow Operative, HG – Veteran, Elite, Elite Commander.

Some of duplicate accos were acquired only after I traded in sets to Commander Roxy. For some reason, trading in didn't trigger MACO mk x acco (MACO Recruit) and HG mk x acco (HG Recruit) so I'll assume they are currently bugged.
I could provide more examples, but they all point to the same thing.

TLDR: In a worst-case scenario (the one in which your character acquired all sets, MACO/HG and Omega mk x-xii pre-rep) you are out of luck for 425(!) accolade points from duplicate accos. Possibly even 450, if you count currently bugged MACO/HG mk x duplicate acco.

Last edited by olympus7; 05-08-2014 at 01:58 PM.