View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-28-2010, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Has there been any confirmation by the devs that the preorder exclusives will be available in a few weeks.?Although I guess that 104 weeks (2 years) is still a few weeks. AFAIK, all the Champions Online preorder bonuses are still not in the Cryptic Store. Chances are very good that the Cryptic Store will have its own uniforms and equipment you can buy, but not loot from preorder bonuses or anything from the DDE or CE for the next couple of years. If the preorders from Champions Online are not available through the Cryptic Store, then preorders from Star Trek Online will not be available through the Cryptic Store.
To the best of my knowledge, the Devs have indicated that the Champions Online pre-order exclusives will remain just that: exclusive to pre-order customers. And, since CO's launch last September, a whole slew of other items have been made available in the C-Store. I've been assuming that Cryptic will handle STO's pre-order items and the STO portion of the C-Store in the same way. Personally, I certainly hope so. While the different pre-order bonuses for CO were nice, only one of 'em really sang to me, so fortunately I didn't have to pony up for multiple copies of CO. The not-sold-together-but-perfect-for-each-other Connie-class and the TOS uniforms, however, were too good to pass up. After plunking down $80 at Gamestop for the Collector's Edition and $60 at Atari for the Digital Deluxe Edition -- all so that my crew could look and travel like Kirk and The Gang -- I think I'd be a little miffed if my pre-order exclusives showed up in the C-Store later on. Given the micro-transaction content they've given us in CO (I've bought it all), I'm sure we'll have plenty of great stuff to spend our STO Cryptic Points on, even if the pre-order exclusives are never made available there.

--Chris