Quick steam question!
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
01-30-2010, 10:49 AM
This is for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users only. Windows Xp does not have the shadow copy feature so those users are out of luck here. Also if you do not have system restore turned on then this solution does not apply to you either.
"From time to time, Windows® VistaTM creates point-in-time copies of your files. This allows you to retrieve older versions from files you accidentally deleted or altered. This service is turned on by default on all versions of Windows® VistaTM, but Microsoft grants access to these copies only in Ultimate, Business, and Enterprise editions. This is where ShadowExplorer comes into play. For more information on Shadow Copy, visit Microsofts website."
1. Download ShadowExplorer
2. In ShadowExplorer go to
For 64-bit users C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
For 32-bit users C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common
3. Right click on the folder titles star trek online and click export.
4. Export the star trek online folder to your desktop or wherever you want it.
5. Close Steam
6. For 64-bit users open C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
For 32-bit users open C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common
7. Replace the star trek online folder that is already in there with the one you recovered using ShadowExplorer.
8. Run Star Trek Online with the shortcut Steam originally placed on your desktop, steam will launch Star Trek Online, it will then do a very small update that will only take a few seconds.
9. After that the Star Trek Online Launcher will open and install the 59mb patch.
10. That's it! You're good to go
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Post your results!!!