View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnB
...I posted the OP. :p

Earlier today I saw many threads concerning the same topic (Borg Lib) being posted by people that should have bug reported and waited imo. A $250 payment might garner a certain amount of entitlement, but it's also an investment that will hopefully be good for years to come. And since this caused my question to slip off the first couple of pages, I was a bit miffed.

Anyway, I'm not sure what they mean by "efficiency" in regards to engines. Do they mean you'll be faster than ships that are putting the same amount of power into them, provided it's a small amount? Does High Efficency mean you'll take a worse hit when you're running on low power, but will be the fastest when you put the petal to the metal?
If you want to know the particlars about Effecient and Performance. I present my Beginner's Guide to Ship's Power.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=1780218

But in a nuthsell. Efficient/Efficiency means running better at lower power allocation levels (<60). Performance means more performance at high power allocation levels (60+). An oddball are the Combat and Hyper Impulse engines. The Combat Impulse engines give a higher speed modifier in combat mode (i.e. not at Full Impluse). The Hyper Impulse Engine has a high speed modifier under Full Impulse. At Mk II Impulse Engine vs a Mk II Hyper Impulse Engine at Full Impulse is roughly Impulse 75.6 vs Impulse 89.3.