Helpful tips for new Starship Captains
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
01-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Memory Alpha and Anomaly Data
- You can get data in almost any mission in the game. You don't have to be do exploration missions.
- To start using Memory Alpha, you need to first talk to Lieutenant E'genn in Earth Spacedock. He'll ask you to bring some samples to Commander Romaine at Memory Alpha. You get a mission for this at LT4.
- The terminal you use in Memory Alpha to analyze the samples when you meet Commander Romaine is right across from her, by the ramp (she is facing it).
- You must "purchase" items from Commander Romaine to open up the next tier of researchers. (Exact amount unknown). There is currently no way to see your progress, but it seems to be tied to the amount of uncommon (blue) data that you use. This was recently updated in a patch, so it should hopefully only take a few items now to get her to open up the next tier.
- There is no notification when you are able to access the next tier after Commander Romaine. So make sure that you check after every few purchases from her.
- You do not have to have your data in your inventory - it can be in your bank. The only thing you need in your inventory is the item you're upgrading.
- When searching for anomalies, whether on the ground or in space, press the V button to activate your scanner. A beam of light will point the direction towards the nearest anomaly or mission objective. This can be really handy when trying to find something you need to scan on the ground.