View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 01:42 PM
This is my 6th or 7th MMO, I lost count, and they've all had this thing in common. In every single MMO I've ever played, the starting area's public chat is dominated by people who hate the game. They signed up hoping for something else, won't get even a partial refund if they quit, so they log in for a couple of hours a night just to enter zone chat and complain. The best of them don't care if they ruin other people's fun, because they don't care what other people want period, they just want what they want. The worst of them hope that they're ruining other people's fun, so they can punish the company for not giving them their $50 back by chasing off hundreds and hundreds of dollars' worth of customers.

In something like 7 or 8 years of MMO playing, I've only found one way to deal with these trolls: ignore them as much as possible, and get the heck out of the newbie zone as soon as possible, never to return. Because for however long I play the game, that newbie zone is going to be wall-to-wall trolls and whiners.