View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiandra
And alot of those people were claiming I was demanding super precise notes requiring the info that they changed this exact code this exact way, which was never in any of my posts. It was in their minds. If they want to be super precise then by all means, however they want to do it.
The point we're trying to make is that that's what most of the patch notes would be. Software is immensely complicated, server/client software even more so. There's a million little improvements and glitches they can fix that don't even make sense outside of the context of the code they're in, and even a layer of abstraction or two ("fixed a number of bugs related to error handling and logs when connections are dropped", or somtehing) is still not going to make that interesting or relevant to the players.

Really, I can see that you're just afraid they're going to silently nerf or buff something that you care about. Evidence from the beta suggests that that's not going to be the case.

If a few more patches come down the pipe and they're not expressly labeled as server stability patches, then your concerns may be warranted. As it is, I think many of us feel you're jumping the gun.