View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
I agree that 3 and 4 are problems. (4 is a problem of 'meeting quickly', not simply 'meeting'.) I agree with the proposed solutions for 3 and 4.

For the rest:
1. I think 7 ranks are sufficient. If anything, possibly too many.

2. Mass mail is high potential for spam. I use my own Fleet's web site (forums and webmail) for mass static communication.

5. Creating brand new instances for just a few players seems very wasteful, especially given our current server load problems. I never have a problem joining instances with my Fleet members; the Change Instance window lists the instances that have friends and Fleet members. I specify an Instance# in Fleet Chat, and we all go there. Simple.

(The game also seems to prioritise or default you joining an instance that already has friends/Fleet members. At least, this is what I have experienced.)
1. - 7 Ranks may be okay for you, but definitely not a properly organized fleet with a true heiracrhy.

2. - Not possible, if restricted to Fleet Members only.

5. - Absolutely not -- If you've ever tried to get more than 2 people into a Deep Space Encounter during a peak hour it's almost impossible. It is imperative for Fleet's to be able to play together with ease, otherwise it defeats the purpose of a fleet.