View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikona
I think you need to read a little better OP.

"Note: A retail box or digital download purchase is required to play Star Trek Online and future expansion packs. Lifetime subscription covers your subscription fee for as long as the game is in service. 12-month discounted subscription covers your subscription fee for 12 months and will recur at the same price at the end of the 12-month period. Subscription fees are non-refundable. We make no explicit or implicit warranties on the service period of the game. This offer ends February 1st, 2010 11:59PM PST. While supplies last. Prices displayed are not inclusive of VAT for purchases from the European Union (EU). VAT is charged in accordance with the local legislation in each member state and varies from 15% to 25%."

It clearly states, directly from the page where you can choose the lifetime sub, that you need a retail box or digital download purchase to play. That's + the sub fee. It also clearly states that it's non-refundable.

http://www.startrekonline.com/exclusive_specials

Now make sure you get your retail copy and enter your key or you'll be kicking yourself for wasting $240+tax.
I dont think I will kick mself any which way, I reckon in a few months my lifetime sub will be worth more than i paid for it, if im lucky, and its ebay time!

I do have a question though, why is it all U.S. prices are without tax for all goods and services, is that not confusing?

When i go into a shop, online or highstreet, the marked price is the price i pay. At no point do they add taxes on. Why dont the prices displayed incorporate the tax rate so you see what your payment will actually be?