View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_bitters
Really, have you never seen a launch before? Do you even understand how computers work or what stress a server cluster undergoes during the opening days of a launch? No one likes it, but whining about it doesn't do anything. The reality is that so far the head start hasn't been all that bad. When WoW started out, it was down far more often than it was up. As I recall, it crashed within a couple of hours of starting up and then went down several more times those first few days. Blizzard had to issue free time left and right because the game was never up. So far Cryptic has done a pretty decent job. If you don't want to deal with the shake out cruise, don't join the fun until a month or two has past. The lessons learned from Cryptics previous games are evident in how well this one is going so far.
You're right, MMO"s do have problems at the beginning. But I would think Cryptic has more experience if they already have made few MMOs before. I'm sure there are ways to help reduce server crashing....

I am just expressing my opinion about the downtime. I just hope SULU can log in...