View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:15 AM
Most of what you listed are functional glitches... Those to me are forgivable...even months of beta testing doesn't catch things that only a million simultaneous users will...

I don't dig WoW but I heard about the launch troubles...but that was a relatively long time back in MMO history, and Blizzard was doing it solo without the support of mega MMO's machines...

My problem isn't that there are issues...It's that there are fundamental issues with the game's architecture... This was heavily scrutinized in beta... and they said they were bolstering the infrastructure back then...

This is a fundamental breakdown of the entire game....repeatedly...in production... the whole thing...dead...

That's why it's different than broken mechanics...bugs... and even controlled access... It's no access...for anyone...

They have to stop duct taping the thing ....make the sacrifice and bolster the entire infrastructure... with a redundant set of servers if necessary... It's not going to get any easier than it will be now...In fact it will probably get harder...