View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harddrive View Post
I am sick and tired of trying to cloak (t2 BoP) and getting blown up AFTER i do so.

This is rediculous. As it is now, cloaking is simply lowering your shields so the enemy can blow you up faster. It certainly doesnt hide you from the enemy as they continue to fire on you for 5-10 seconds after you push the cloak button.

I understand if they scan you out or if you get too close. This is not any of those siutations. You decide your in over your head, you battle cloak only to see the enemy continue firing and those torpedoes chasing you down 10 seconds after you cloaked. You take a torp up your butt and WHAM, 2k damage with no shields.

FIX IT NOW CRYPTIC.
Well you need to try a few different things, works fine for me most of the time. Yes there are situations where you die (do not cloak when torps are coming at you!) its not a perfect thing by no means. (just wait until you get cloak speced science ships THAT SUCKS)

Do you crank your Aux power settings? I avoid most of it by just doing this. Oh and evasive is your friend.