View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Skip
Star Trek hits a much larger spectrum of people than your typical "game". Thusly this game will draw from larger and more diverse groups than most games do.
Yes, they get alot more refined feedback as a result. All the major IP's tend to see a more mature (older, experienced) audience in their playerbase, such as Star Trek, Star Wars, LOTRO...

They get folks like me, executives with long track records of successful leadership, playerbase who include CEO's, CFO's, EVP's, CIO's, and an impressive array of technical leadership who likely dwarf their own career and limited experience by comparison. Quite an opportunity, and quite a challenge, to keep up with the wealth of knowledge embedded in their community base.

I've been a business leader longer than these couple of flame-tards puppies have been out of the sac - 28 years...

... and I'm still learning... always try to, and always try to share and mentor along the way. Especially when the success of my present MMO and avatar enjoyment is on the line.