View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keadin View Post
The open beta and headstart are free. If you paid money, that money went to the retailer as an insurance that you're not going to cancel your pre-order. Cryptic has not received a single dollar, euro or whatever from anyone who is playing this game right now. So you did NOT pay for the game and you did NOT pay for the headstart.

Considering this I think it's a great job that Cryptic is working hard to get the server back up all the time. That means it won't happen when the game goes live. It is only after this point that we become paying customers and have any right, even if remotely, to be disgruntled.

That right does not cover flamefests, lawsuits and emo outcries.

Also, expect downtime a lot more the coming month or so.
contract 1) n. an agreement with specific terms between two or more persons or entities in which there is a promise to do something in return for a valuable benefit known as consideration.(which can be a promise or payment in some form); when you agree to pay for something you enter a contract of sale and On my receit it cleary states the sum i have to pay and also states what i will recieve for said money .
So yes we have paid for head start it forms part of the deal.So we can be digruntled if we so wish.If cryptic had worked harder during beta when it was obvious the servers could in no way hold the volume of players we wouldnt be seing these constant downtimes