View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
Ah, it's so cute seeing people who have no idea how video games are made beating their drums...
Really? What does that have to do with it? It doesn't take developer knowledge to take a game disc and throw it out a window. Then what good is having developer knowledge about that game? None at all.

The thing is, in this day and age, people expect MMOs to perform just like console games from the word go and quite frankly, so do the developers. They all want the game to be picture perfect as well. It's the business of revenue and time that pushes them out with a game just a little too early, like this one.

Add this up with all of the in game bugs and bad design and UI problems and truthfully, by a wide margin you will find that this game is really in its last QA cycles. I don't develop games but I've been involved in/lead teams of software that's launched to 77,000 corporate users and in the corporate world this would be considered a decent disaster (you'd still get paid by the client though). In the console world, this would be considered a complete disaster. In the PC world, this would be considered a big disaster if it wasn't an MMO. The only excuse it has to lean on is "all MMOs go this way."

I agree with the OP. It doesn't change the fact that I mostly like the game and am willing to put up with it and keep playing. Just wish there was a workflow that would email me when the servers come back up so I don't have to babysit the generic, "it's down" page.