View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawulf View Post
I agree they should do their jobs no doubt. I just think a lot of people appreciate them for doing a Star Trek MMO. The fact that they used current technology to push it out quicker (assuming you don't count the time perpetual took to SCREW US out of the MMO for whatever reason they went bankrupt) and also (I feel) REALLY tried to pay attention to what current Trek fans want and also appeal to new Trek people so that the Trek phenomenon can keep on going into the future instead of rolling over and dying. I too think it's all a good thing! Don't you?

Point is we should have seen STO a lot sooner, when perpetual went under Cryptic picked up the title and I couldn't have been happier. I know Cryptic (regardless of whatever bad things they do) at least seem to be pretty solid. I feel close to comfortable saying this company isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and they're REALLY PROBABLY not likely to be stupid like Perpetual. The game is fun, and can be improved on later. They rolled it out as fast because we've been waiting so long I'm sure. That affords a little patience to iron out some of the little things.

Cryptic is no worse or better than any other company out there regardless of industry. They're out to make money. I hate them all. At least they bother listening to it's customers a little though.
I couldn't agree more, my complaint is only aimed towards the people raiding the forum completely disregarding the fact that the servers crash a few times a day.