View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 82
01-31-2010, 12:26 PM
OP: You're right...

"Trust but verify"

..It's a good policy... Though I wouldn't say that this compares to nuclear war in severity =) It's a polite way of saying, I will work with you...but I already know you'll sucker me if you can...

I have myriad good things to say about the game, I also have a basket full of criticisms about the numerous screw-ups they've made ...now on the finished product (as it were)...

The people who just call the game crap and rant about getting there money back, suing...blah blah blah are making legit criticism by many people ineffective...

The sycophants attacking anyone that has a problem with the game are just making *everyone* look illegitimate by candy coating the real problems that the team that makes this game need to be aware of....for their own good....

Basically... wild ranting sucks.... The best you can do is remember

1.) this is a game, at it's best, it will never be more than a game (particularly to it's designers)

2.) This is a product, a brand...this is your toothpaste... You paid for it...even if you got a coupon...even if you got Two Tubes For The Price of One... There are standards, and because Brand X has glass shards in it doesn't mean it's okay for Brand Y to also have glass bits in it...

3.) How you treat others in these forums will only hurt you here and in the game perhaps...but that reflection in the mirror is going to be there long after this game is gone....