View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
The Spanish really hated me, when I was British, during Beta. I became quite infamous in PvP during that beta. First from defeating a 104 with a Cutter, then again when 2 of us beat about 17 Spanish Cerberus frigates with Valiants when those ships were first added. We had a lot of really good port battles by the end of Beta. I just couldn't afford to continue playing for more than a few months after launch.

While I became Infamous in PvP, I also became famous for the Production Cost Analysis spreadsheet that laid out the entire crafting system in a format that was easy for everyone to understand. I even got my name in the credits.

Yes the PvP here is a lot simpler, overall. Yet it is still fairly complex in terms of the number of possible skill combination you can use or face on the battlefield.

David is a pretty cool guy. I got to meet and hang out with him and several others on that dev team, at the Austin Game Developers' Conference shortly before the PotBS launch.
Ah good old forsaken corsairs eh? Remember the end of beta event when we went epic lemming into national 104s? By the way, your spreadsheet is still much loved and kept updated by Brogsitter.

Yes PoTBS is pretty damned close to this in combat model, although this has better avatar combat.

I also endorse the OP's post!