View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptic running out of time
01-31-2010, 02:23 PM
I have yet to subscrie to the game. I've now givin up trying to play today, even though I was really looking forward to it.

It seems Cryptic is running out of time to impress me. This queue fiasco is so rediculous it's on the edge of insulting, I'm starting to view my purchase as another game that's headed up on the shelf to collect dust. If I can't sit down, log in and play for a bit then this isn't the game for me. I have a family and a job and other things to do and can not wait for 582 other people to finish playing before I can start.

So I'm done for today, I work tomorrow then have a family function in the evening, and work again tuesday. As of the state of the game right now I am not paying for a subscription. The game play is fun, but not very deep. At least as far as I've advanced with open-beta and pre-order. So this leaves roughly 2 to 4 hours to convince me to pay more. My experience so far tells me I'm beginning to believe I'll have an extra 15 bucks a month to blow.

Does Cryptic think this queue is a feature or a flaw? They are obscenely quiet on the forums since the crash today. If this is working as intended then it's a deal breaker for me. Even if this is a big "Oops" I do not regret passing on the life time subscription.

P.S.
After waiting an hour and going from 582 of 582 to 571 of 1437, I cancelled and immediately tried again. The new numbers were 671 of 671. Now that is insulting, as the queue that keeps me from playing the game is even broken. What happened to the ~750 other people that were waiting in the queue?