View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 04:13 PM
I agree 100%. The one thing that is inexcusable is the lack of communication. We know, basically, nothing.

Are the servers they currently have installed running at full capacity? Or is a problem preventing them from doing so? How long before capacity will be increased? Are the problems now bugs? Or are they due to not enough hardware? Are they due to not enough bandwidth? Are they being worked on?

Information would make a *huge* difference. I know that if this was my project, I would have people whose sole job is to keep the community happy, and there would be at least one such person working 24/7 this weekend.

That fact is, regardless of the truth, it looks like Cryptic doesn't care whether this event goes well or not. It's hard not to speculate that Cryptic has discovered, at this late point, that their design fundamentally will not scale to the number of players STO is getting.

Quote:
It doesn't matter how much they communicate, they clearly know that the trolls will still cry, bawl and complain.
True, but so what? Do you think the purpose of communication is to shut people up?