View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh800 View Post
Blizzard's release was borked because it had record breaking sales at release and only had 20 servers to cope with that. There were no pre-orders and Blizz didn't know how popular it was going to be. All the people that are playing right now have pre-orders ... and they can't even handle that much.

So while you're right the Blizz had a crashtastic launch it was for different reasons. If STO breaks records for sales then maybe Cryptic will have an excuse but I doubt it.
There were preorders for the game....Gamestop did preorders for wow and they knew a lot of folks were looking to get this game...and Im sure there were others...point being...They made a mistake as well..and the person I responded to..tried to make a point of saying blizz had it together. They did not. And I will stick to the fact that EVERY MMO I have played has had release day issues. Some worse than others, but they still had issues and the fools that complain on here for the most part if they had any clue what they were talking about would understand that shi! happens. Get over it or get out.